Like our other specialty services, our Critical Care Service is managed by a board-certified veterinary specialist.
Dr. Annie Wright is a board-certified specialist in emergency and critical care who is supported by a group of compassionate and highly trained doctors and nurses.
Veterinary critical care, like in human medicine, is a specialized service focusing on medical care for patients that may have experienced a severe trauma, or emergency and need immediate intensive care. Often these patients need around-the-clock monitoring and require advanced diagnostic and treatment options to provide the patient with the best chance at survival.
Sentinel Veterinary Specialists & Emergency is uniquely equipped to care for Montana’s critically ill pets, by combining a collaborative team of veterinary specialists with state-of-the-art medical equipment and acumen required to care for the sickest patients.
Some of the critical care services we provide include:
- In-house advanced imaging including digital radiography, high-resolution ultrasound, CT, and fluoroscopy
- State-of-the-art monitoring including pulse oximetry, capnography, blood pressure (invasive and non-invasive), and telemetry system for continuous ECG monitoring
- Advanced multimodal pain management
- Emergency endoscopy for foreign body retrieval
- Enteral and parenteral nutritional support
- In-house laboratory services such as blood gas monitoring, CBC, blood chemistry analysis, and coagulation testing
- Oxygen therapy including critical care ICU oxygen cages, and nasal oxygen therapy
- Transfusion medicine and blood component therapy
If you are a primary care veterinarian, please call (406) 218-2800 if you have questions about our surgical capabilities.